Our Science will be based around animals, magnetism, electricity, and rocks and minerals!
You are what you eat article
Find out what you really know about the Digestive System!
Digestive System Quiz
All about the Digestive System
9I Energy and Electricity (1).pps
Moon Phase Calendar
Phases of the Moon Song
National Geographic Animals
HOW DO YOU RESEARCH?
NC Zoo Website
Read your books. Take notes on them. Cite your books using citation maker.
- Citation Makers
- Use the internet to locate your internet sources. Take notes and begin completing your outline.
Use the outline to create your research paper. Each section of the outlne needs to be used to create a paragraph. Your research paper will be graded using these criteria and added to your animal wiki page.
Animal Research Rubric.odt
Use your research paper to create either a Prezi presentation or a Sliderocket presentation. Your presentation will be graded using these criteria and embedded in your wiki page.
You can create a Blabberize to embed on your wiki page for extra credit!
You will create a habitat project for your research animal. It will be graded using these criteria, photographed, and uploaded to your wiki page.
Explore habitats by creating them
Use these great websites to help guide you!
Our Learning Goals:
1. Observe and describe how all living and nonliving things affect the life of a particular animal including:
• Other animals.
2. Observe and record how animals of the same kind differ in some of their characteristics and discuss possible advantages and disadvantages of this variation.
3. Observe and discuss how behaviors and body structures help animals survive in a particular habitat.
4. Explain and discuss how humans and other animals can adapt their behavior to live in changing habitats.
5.Recognize that humans can understand themselves better by learning about other animals.
Rocks and Minerals Get familiar with rocks!
Do some rock experiments on the computer!
Rock Type Chart
The Rock Cycle
Read about it.
Practice for your rock quiz!
Check out these sites for some rock'in information!
4th 5th rocks minerals erosion 20page booklet pdf
View more ebooks on ebookbrowse.com
VIDEO Deep Ocean Volcano3.
Digging Deeper Vocabulary Practice
THE ROCK CYCLE
and complete all of the activities in order as shown below.
Screen Shot 2013-01-21 at 9.26.47 PM.png
2. Create a Comic Strip
Have fun and remember that you are supposed to be entertaining the reader as well as using 3 vocabulary words.
3. You are ready to do some deeper digging about fossils. Read the book below by clicking on the parallel lines with arrows pointing both ways.
TYPES OF FOSSILS
powered by GetBookee.org
FUN WITH FOSSILS
For Fun!Name that rock!
VOLCANO SCAVENGER HUNT! Get ready for some deeper volcano information! Go to this site: and search the web to find all of the answers to the questions on the Scavenger Hunt sheet! Have fun! :) You will need to open and print it.
volcano scavenger hunt.pdf